Dr. Mingwu Zhang
Hubei University of Technology
School of Computer Sciences
Room #904, Science Bldg.
E-mail: mzhang [at] mail (dot) hbut (dot) edu (dot) cn
You can get access to [MAP ] or visit our LAB WEB.
I am currently looking for highly motivated graduated and undergraduate students to work in Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing and Big Data. Students with strong hands-on skills and/or mathematical background are welcomed.
Research area is Information Security and Privacy Preservation:
- Protocols and Systems Resilient to Secret Information Leakage
- Public-Key Cryptosystem and Applications (PKC)
- Secure Multiparty Computation and Outsourcing Computation (SMC/OC)
- Security, Obfuscation and Privacy in Big-data (SOP)
Dr. Mingwu Zhang is now a professor at the School of Computer Sciences in Hubei University of Technology. Prior to joining HBUT, he was a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow at Information Security Takagi's Lab, Faculty of Mathematics in Kyushu University from Aug 2010 to Mar 2011, and Institute of Mathematics for Industry in Kyushu University in Japan from Apr 2011 to Aug 2012 with professor Tsuyoshi Takagi, respectively. Also, he was an Associate Professor at College of Informatic in South China Agricultural University from 2006 to 2010 and an Assistant Professor (lecturer) from 2003 to 2005, and an Assitant Professor at Hubei Polytechnic University from 2000 to 2002, respectively.
From Jun 2015 to Jun 2016, he was a Visiting Senior Fellow at School of Computing and Information Technology, University of Wollongong, Australia. He is a senior member of CACR, CCF, IEEE Computer Society and ACM.
- Cryptography and Information Security, Spring 2015 | Spring 2017
- Algorithm Analysis and Design, Spring 2017 | Spring 2018
- Advanced (Embeded and Network) Operation System, Spring 2014
- Network Coding, Fall 2013 | Fall 2016 | Fall 2018
- Data Security in Open Networks, Spring 2013 | Spring 2014 | Spring 2015 | Spring 2017
- Embedded Systems and Applications, Fall 2007 | Spring 2009 | Fall 2012
- Computer Interfaces and Communications, Fall 2007 | Spring 2010
- Computer Principle and Organigzation, Fall 2008 | Fall 2009
MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARDS:
- 2018 Workshop among Asian Information Security Labs (WAIS 2018)
- 2017 International Conference on Emerging Internetworking, Data & Web Technologies (EIDWT 2017)
- 3rd International Workshop on Cyber Security (CS 2017)
- 9th Asia Joint Conference on Information Security (Asiajcis 2014)
- 2013 International Symposium on Data Security and Identity Privacy in Clouds (DSIP 2013)
- 5th Joint Workshop on Information Security (JWIS 2010)
PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP) 2018
- IEEE Conference on Dependable and Secure Computing (DSC) 2018
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud and Big Data Computing (CBDCom) 2018
- Frontier on Cyber Security (FCS) 2018
- International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS), 2016 |2017
- International Conference on Provable Security (ProvSec), 2012 |2017
- IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom), 2015 | 2016 |2017
- International Conference on Security, Privacy and Anonymity in Computation, Communication and Storage (SpaCCS) 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- IEEE Symposium on Dependable Computing and Internet of Things (DCIT), 2015
- IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS), 2015
- International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data (SocialNet), 2015
- International Workshop on Large Scale Network Security (LSNS), 2015
- International Workshop on Cyber Security (CS), 2015 | 2017(co-chair)
- IEEE International Symposium on Trust,Security and Privacy for Emerging Applications (TSP), 2015 | 2016 |2017 |2018
- International Conference on Cloud Computing and Security (ICCCS), 2015 | 2016 |2017 |2018
- The 10th China International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (Inscrypt), 2014
- International Conference on Communication, Computing and Information Technology (ICCCMIT), 2014 | 2016
- International Workshop on Intelligence Information Processing and Trusted Computing (IIPTC), 2013
- International Conference on Computer Sciences and Applications (CSA), 2013 | 2014
- International Conference on Intelligent Network and Collaborative Sytems (INCoS), 2013 | 2016 (track co-chair) |2017 (track co-chair) |2018 (track co-chair)
- Asia Joint Conference on Information Security (ASIAJCIS), 2012 | 2013 | 2014(co-chair) |2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Security in Information Systems (CISIS), 2011
- International Workshop Intelligent System and Applications (ISA), 2009 | 2011
- International Joint Workshop on Information Security (JWIS), 2010(organization co-chair) | 2011
- M. Zhang. Negotiation Security and Privacy Preservation in Trusted Networks. Intellectual Property Publishing House, ISBN: 978-7-5130-2446-0, (2013)
- M. Zhang, J. Kim, K. Yoshioka, and C.H. Lin. (Eds). Proceeding of The 9th Asia Joint Conference on Information Security (AsiaJCIS 2014) Whuan, China, Sep. 3-5, IEEE-CPS, (2014)
- L. Barolli, M. Zhang, X.A. Wang. (Eds) Advances in Internetworking, Data & Web Technologies. EIDWT 2017, 10-11 June, Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies (2017)
- R. Chen, Y. Mu, G. Yang, W. Susilo, F. Guo, M. Zhang. Cryptographic reverse firewall via malleable smooth projective hash functions// ASIACRYPT 2016, Part I, LNCS 10031, pp 844-876 (2016)
- X. Li, Y. Zhu, J. Wang, Z. Liu, Y. Liu, M. Zhang. On the soundness and security of privacy-preserving SVM for outsourcing data classification. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (IEEE TDSC), DOI:10.1109/ TDSC. 2017. 2682244 , 2017
- H. Shen, M. Zhang*, J. Shen. Efficient Privacy-Preserving Cube-data Aggregation Scheme for Smart Grids// IEEE Transaction on Information Forensics and Security, 12(6):1369-1381 (2017)
- Sha Ma, Qiong Huang, Mingwu Zhang and Bo Yang. Efficient public-key encryption with equality test supporting flexible authorization// IEEE Transaction on Information Forensics and Security. 10 (3): 458-470 (2015)
- X.A. Wang, J. Ma, F. Xhafa, M. Zhang, X. Luo. Cost-effective secure E-health cloud system using identity based cryptographic techniques// Future Generation Computer Systems, 67: 242–254 (2017)
- M. Zhang and Y. Mu. Token-leakage tolerant and vector obfuscated IPE and application in privacy-preserving two-party point/polynomial evaluations// Computer Journal, 59(4): 493-507 (2016)
- M. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Y. Su, Q. Huang, Y. Mu. Attribute-based hash proof system under learning-with-errors assumption in obfuscator-free and leakage-resilient environments// IEEE System Journal, 11, 2: 1018-1026 (2017)
- M. Zhang, C. Wang, T. Takagi and Y. Mu. Functional encryption resilient to hard-to-invert leakage// Computer Journal, 58(4): 735-749 (2015)
- M. Zhang, C. Wang, K. Morozov. LR-FEAD: leakage-tolerating and attribute-hiding functional encryption mechanism with delegation in affine subspaces// Journal of Supercomputing, 70(3): 1405-1432, Springer (2014)
- M. Zhang, T. Takagi. Efficient construction of anonymous multireceiver encryption protocols and their deployment in group email systems with privacy preservation// IEEE System Journal, 7(3):410-419 (2013)
- M. Zhang, B. Yang and T. Takagi. Bounded leakage-resilient functional encryption with hidden vector predicate//Computer Journal, 56(4): 464-477 (2013)
- M. Zhang, B. Yang, T. Takagi, Anonymous spatial encryption under affine space delegation functionality with full security// Information Sciences, vol. 277, pp. 715-730 (2014)
- M. Zhang, C. Wang, T. Takagi, and Y. Mu.
Functional encryption resilient to hard-to-invert leakage// Computer Journal, 58 (4):735-749 Oxford (2012)
- M. Zhang, B. Yang, T. Takagi. Group-oriented setting's multisigncryption scheme with threshold designcryption// Information Sciences, 181(18): 4041-4050 (2011)
- M. Zhang, T. Nishide, B. Yang, T. Takagi. Anonymous encryption with partial order subset delegation and its application in privacy email system// IET Information Security, 8(4): 240-249 (2014)
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Best paper award @ 23rd Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP 2018), 2018.
- Chutian Scholarship Distinguished Professor 2013 - 2017.
- Best paper award @ 5th International Conference on Emerging Internetworking, Data and Web Technologies, 2017.
- Meritorious Research Award at First International Symposium on Frontier of Open Computing an Ubiquitous Communications , 2016.
- Best paper award @ 13th Conference of Secure Communication and Information Security, 2015.
- Wuhan City Science and Technology Progress Award (The second prize), 2015.
- The Science and Technology Advancement Award of Hubei Province. (The third prize), 2015.
- The Provincial Natural Science Award of Hubei (The third prize), 2014.
- Japan Society for the Promotion Sciences (JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship), 2010 - 2012.
- Provincial Talents Cultivated by "Thousand-Hundred-Ten" Program of Guangdong Province, 2006-2010.
- Excellent Doctoral Student in Southern China (Nanyue excellent postgraduate Fellow) 2008.
- Best Paper Award in Electronic Technology of SIE. 2004.
- The Science and Technology Advancement Award of Hubei Province. (The second prize), 2003.
Last update: May 30, 2018